Division of Support Services (DoSS)
The Directorate Services was established in the Ministry with the appointment of the Director, Directorate Services on 1st June 2017 by the Royal Civil Service Commission. The Directorate Services aims to ensure efficient and effective delivery of common support services in particular key services related to Administration, Legal, human resources, financial, Procurement and ICT services.
The primary objectives of the Directorate Services are to:
- Ensure effective delivery of common service and particularly the key services namely administration, legal, human resources and financial services in the Ministry;
- Plan, coordinate, supervise and monitor functions of various Divisions, Sections and Units of Directorate of Services and adherence to the existing rules and regulations; and
- Manage procurement services of common goods and services on behalf of the departments so that line department could focus on their core mandate.
Roles and Responsibilities :
The core function of the Directorate of Services is to provide financial management and strategic HR management. In detail, the functions pertains to the following:
- Advisory roles to Secretary and the Ministry on HR and Financial Matters
- Supervisory role to Division/Services under Directorate Services
- HR Management and Development Services
- ICT Management & Development Services
- Manage finances and procurement