1. Improving the quality and relevance of curriculum
- Conduct timely review of curriculum materials based on the needs.
2. Carrying out curricular and professional researches
- Initiate and carryout researches in curriculum innovations.
3. Developing curriculum as per requirements
- Initiate all curriculum development works like textbooks, syllabuses, frameworks, teacher guides, and support materials
4. Providing curricular and support materials to all schools
- Prescribe quality teaching-learning materials such as textbooks, guide books, supplementary readers, etc.
- Recommend quality teaching-learning materials such as library books, reference books, etc.
- Plan and design study materials.
- Identify additional relevant textbooks and references from outside Bhutan.
5. Monitoring and support mechanism for effective curriculum implementation
- Institutionalize regional, cluster and school level monitoring and support mechanism.
- Build professional capacities of teachers, senior teacher and master teachers to support effective monitoring and curriculum implementation.
- Collaborate with EMSSD, DEO's and schools for effective curriculum implementation.
- Make focused school visits.
6. Providing professional support to pre-sevice and in-service teachers for effective curriculum implementation
- Initiate, organize and provide professional leadership through in-service programmes.
- Support and guide schools on the implementation of curriculum.
- Work with pre-service teacher training colleges.
7. Facilitating improvement of assessment and evaluation system
- Make timely interventions to ensure quality assessment and evaluation.
- Develop tools, techniques and guidelines for schools to carry out effective assessment and evaluation.
- Collaborate with Bhutan Board of Examination Division to develop test items and materials.