An educated and enlightened society of GNH, built and sustained on the unique Bhutanese values of tha dam-tsig ley gju-drey.
- Formulate sound educational policies leading towards knowledge-based GNH society.
- Provide equitable and inclusive quality education and lifelong learning for all through provision of the necessary learning space and opportunity to harness their full potential as productive citizens.
- Prepare the young women and men with appropriate knowledge, skills and values to cope with the challenges of the 21st century.
1. To improve relevance and quality of education
2. To improve access to and sustainability of education
3. To strengthen youth development programme and services
4. To enhance adult literacy and lifelong learning
5. To ensure full utilization of budget
6. To enable effective and efficient ICT Service delivery
7. To implement National Integrity and Anti-Corruption Strategy (NIACS)